Saving Money by Using Tips from "Extreme Couponing" on TLC
Saving money is very important with the economy today. One way that you can make sure that you save a lot of money is by using coupons. These can work just like money at the grocery store. You can pay for your groceries with coupons and even make money when you are shopping. This is a great way to help you stick to a budget. Use these tips to help you next time you are at the grocery store.
- Get as many coupons as you can every week. If a neighbor does not use their coupons, ask if they will give them to you each week. Buy a few extra newspapers. Talk to the recycling center about letting you have the ones that people donate to them.
- Don't be afraid to go all out. You can do several transactions. Use several coupons for the same item. Do everything you can to save money. Don't be afraid of being the crazy coupon lady. Instead just think about how much money you are saving.
- Plan ahead every single shopping trip. Make yourself a great list of what you need to buy and what you have coupons to buy. Do not buy things that are not on your list unless you just find an amazing deal. Don't shop while you are hungry and add things to the cart. If your kids or husband try to add to the cart, do not let them go shopping with you.
- Print coupons off the internet. You can find great deals to print from the computer. You can print coupons and also rebates. If you use a coupon for $1.00 off and get a rebate, you can actually make money on your shopping trip.
- Make this a lifestyle. Couponing should not be something you just do every once in awhile. Use them every time you go to the store. Use online coupons to save on shipping or a percentage off your purchase. Make couponing part of your everyday life to save as much money as possible.
- Shop at different stores. You might have to go to several stores to get the best deals. It is worth it to hit up a grocery store and a drug store. Check each stores ads for the best deals and match them up with your coupons. Every week go to the store you need to go to so that you can get the best deal even if this means going to a few stores each week.
Sourcs: 'Extreme Couponing' on TLC and personal experience