Economics For Everyday Finances: 11 Proven Facts
In today's economy it is a necessity to save money where ever it is possible. Many community services are available if they were just known for use. These eleven financial guides will help you decide what one you will use first to save a lot of money.
Programs for the community differ from city to city, however, after living in many states, these services are available to the public just for the asking even in other countries.
1. All Public libraries serve everyone in many capacities. If you travel and don't take your laptop, use the public Library computers. Most often times there is a limit to the use, so plan your trip before you arrive. This tip alone can allow your child or you to use a computer without spending money to buy one.
2. Chamber of Commerce buildings have so many resources for information. Since these are numerous, even the smallest towns either have their own or share one with a neighboring town. Local flood areas, real estate, new listed businesses are just a few of the topics a volunteer at the Chamber of Commerce can assist you with to be educated and save time and money.
3. Many schools have programs set up for training students in vocational training projects. Talk to the school office if you want information regarding shop, home economics or other supervised students doing curriculum studies. Fees might be nominal or on a donation basis. School bands can be hired for an event with only a donation offered.
4. Dental expenses can ruin a budget very quickly. There are many dental schools in major cities across the United States that provide appointments to everyday people. Some do cleanings, x-rays, consultations, and full mouth exams for free to those meeting certain criteria. Look up those dental schools on the computer using the link below on wikipedia.org It might be several months to a year before you get an appointment as well as a required financial review. Some services are limited according to monthly income, age along with dental work to be done.
5. Personal hygiene should not cost an arm and a leg. Check out your beauty schools to get reduced hair care and other personal services at substantially lower prices. Prices range from $6 for a haircut in some communities on specified days. The author has been a satisfied client of this facility for 7 years. All the schools have on site instructors and the students have had many hours of practice before ever attending to you. Bring pictures so you get exactly what you want at these facilities.
6. Many local grocery stores are supplying a garbage disposal at the site of the recycle bins. Each time you go to the grocery store, you can save by bringing a bag of garbage for disposal to save on paying for garbage pick up at your curb. Bring a pocket size antibacterial hand cleaner so you are prepared afterwards for your shopping in the grocery store.
7. Inquire about free or reduced CPR and emergency first aid courses at you local fire departments. They have classes that you might join to keep the group rate affordable for your updated education.
8. Ask at the local hospital about health fairs offered to the public. You could get free screening and blood tests along with other testing at these events. Sign up reservations are often required, however the money saved is worth planning this ahead of time.
9. Visit your local 4H leaders. There could be a group who could assist you with farm chores, animal needs and other jobs you could get help with by giving young people experience and save money by donation money only.
10.Ask your local Police officers if there is a group of supervised youth to work doing private property projects. You could possibly get the help for fence pole digging, field clean up and whatever you need to save money.
11.Senior Citizen Centers provide free financial advice during tax preparation time. Don't wait until the last minute to bring your paperwork to volunteers who professionally guide you in tax filing. Remember these are senior, retired folks willing to help you, but can easily refuse you for any reason; one being that they are not able with little notice to complete the IRS forms with you.
Photograph: Sunflowers; courtesy Roberta Baxter
caption reads: Seeds of information grow financial flowers that save money.
Roberta Baxter's proven, personal community use techniques.
Use http://www.wikipedia.org to find dental school within traveling distance of your home.